Our goal is to create a customised treatment plan that is made just for you. We are experienced in treating patients of all ages and skin types to effectively remove acne and acne scars.
What is Acne?
Acne is an inflammatory skin condition that is caused by oils on your skin and dead skin cells clogging hair follicles. This results in 'spots' which can manifest in a variety of ways, including whiteheads, blackheads, and even cysts. The most common type of acne is Acne Vulgaris which causes comedones, papules, pustules and cysts.
Acne most commonly appears on the face but it can also occur on the back and chest too. It is a very common skin condition that impacts men and women of all ages. In some cases, acne can be dealt with by maintaining clean skin and adopting a good skincare routine but there are many people who suffer from more persistent forms of acne that won't go away but instead needs to be managed with treatments.
How do we treat acne?
There are various solutions that help keep acne under control, including:
- Topical medicated products: We carry a range of the leading topical treatments for acne, including Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Systems - the only prescription-strength acne treatment that contain a patented, solubilized form of 5% benzoyl peroxide.
- IPL: Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatments deliver intense bursts of energy at specific wavelengths to precisely target components of the skin.
- Chemical peels: The exfoliating benefits of a chemical peel can dramatically improve acne-prone skin by improving the texture and tone whilst working to unclog pores and prevent further breakouts.
- Celluma LED Light Therapy: Celluma applies wavelengths of light energy to the skin, blue light is particularly effective at targeting acne concerns as it works to destroy bacteria.
Our tried and tested treatment plans achieve excellent results and we believe this stems from our expert delivery of multi-modal solutions. It is rare you will achieve the best results possible from a single acne solution, so we work with you to target your concerns on multiple fronts using the best systems for your skin.
How do we treat acne scarring?
Severe acne can often lead to acne scarring which causes an uneven skin texture that can last even after acne has been dealt with. There are a variety of different acne scars, including:
- Ice-pick scars – deep, narrow, pitted scars
- Rolling scars – broad depressions with a sloping edge
- Boxcar scars – broad depressions with sharply defined edges
- Atrophic scars – flat, thin scars or depressed scars (anetoderma)
- Hypertrophic or keloid scars – thick lumpy scars
We offer a range of treatment options to target acne scarring, our team of experts are available to discuss the best solution for you during a free consultation. Our treatment options include:
- Microneedling: Small sterilised needles create invisible micro-injuries, stimulating your skin’s natural ability to heal itself and increase the production of new collagen.
- Chemical peels: Chemical exfoliators remove dead skin cells and encourage collagen production which helps to improve skin texture and acne scarring.
- Microdermabrasion: Your skin is gently exfoliated using a natural abrasive to remove dead skin cells, followed by a nutrient-rich masque to increase collagen and elastin production.
- CO2 laser: Ideal for severe cases, CO2 laser resurfacing is an ablative treatment that creates micro-wounds in the skin to trigger your body’s natural healing ability.
- Morpheus8: A combination of micro-needling and radio-frequency (RF). Both of these are effective on their own, but together they create a highly effective and minimally invasive treatment, that treats the skin at a deeper level and remodels tissue for months after.
Get in touch today to book your consultation.